Managing Stress & Wellbeing
We know that stress happens and comes in many different forms – family concerns, money issues, life transitions, and even just everyday anxiety and worry. It isn’t always easy to ask for help, find the right resources, or even to know what kind of help you might need. That’s why the Trust offers all Plan participants the ComPsych® GuidanceResources® program.
GuidanceResources® connects you to a network of health professionals that can help with a wide variety of topics, and offers access to in-person counseling, video counseling services and online self-improvement tools.
The program is completely confidential, paid for in full on your behalf by the Trust, and is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Call (866) 301-0313 to speak to a trained clinician or visit guidanceresources.com and register with Web ID: WATEAMSTERS.
Confidential Emotional Support — Highly trained clinicians will listen to your concerns and help you or your family members with any issues, including:
- Anxiety, depression, stress
- Grief, loss and life adjustments
- Relationship/marital conflicts
Work-Life Solutions — Specialists provide qualified referrals and resources for just about anything on your to-do list, such as:
- Finding child and elder care
- Hiring movers or home repair contractors
- Planning events, locating pet care
Legal Guidance —Talk to an attorney for practical assistance with your most pressing legal issues, including:
- Adoption and family law
- Wills, trusts and more
Need representation? Get a free 30-minute consultation and a 25% reduction in fees.
Financial Resources — Financial experts can assist with a wide range of issues, including:
- Retirement planning, taxes
- Relocation, mortgages, insurance
- Budgeting, debt, bankruptcy and more
GuidanceResources offers flexible telehealth solutions that give you options for how, when and where you access services.
When you call GuidanceResources a trained clinician will discuss your specific issue with you and arrange for a telephone appointment with a ComPsych® clinician, video or in-person counseling with a local counselor from our network or connect you to online resources.
To schedule a consultation, call (866) 301-0313 or use Web ID: WATEAMSTERS to register when you visit guidanceresources.com.
In-Person Counseling: In person sessions allow the counselor to get to know you and build a relationship with you in efforts to help, and they are also useful for helping you assess if this counselor is right for your needs.
Video Counseling: In-person sessions are not always an option. Scheduled as easily as face-to-face sessions, video counseling appeals to those who desire an alternative to in-person counseling or live in remote areas.
Telephone Counseling: If in-person or video counseling is not possible, counseling services can be provided over the phone.
Online Chat: Chat with a master’s level intake clinician in real-time, giving you immediate help.
Online Tools: The GuidanceResources website offers customized online experience designed to engage you through a variety of cutting-edge, interactive tools and other resources, including:
- Personal Development Training Modules for managing stress, parenting, healthy living and more.
- Topic-Specific Online Communities featuring message boards designed to connect individuals who have similar issues and concerns. Portal topics include autism, elder care, maternity and others.
- Articles, podcasts, videos, slide shows and other tools covering thousands of topics important to you.
Get access to expert info on thousands of topics, including wellness, relationships, work, education, legal, financial, lifestyle and more; and search for childcare, elder care, attorneys and financial planners — all from your smartphone.
To download the app:
- Search for GuidanceResources (one word) in your app store
- Install the GuidanceNow app
- Login or create your account, using the WEB ID: WATEAMSTERS when you register.
Wellness programs are paid for by the Trust and provided by independent service providers at no additional cost to you. Any information you share with any one of the programs is completely confidential, protected by federal law, and cannot be shared with your union or your employer without your permission.