Virta Diabetes Program
Reverse Type 2 Diabetes With Virta
Virta is a medically supervised, research-backed program that can help you reverse type 2 diabetes!
Available at no cost to all Trust PPO plan participants, and eligible dependents, between the ages of 18 and 79 diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, Virta offers a safe and sustainable way to reverse type 2 diabetes without the risks, costs, or side effects of medications or surgery.
With Virta, you learn how to change how you eat so that your body burns fat for energy, instead of sugar or carbohydrates. This can help you naturally lower your blood sugar and reduce the need for diabetes medication. Virta can also help you lose weight and live a healthier life.
When you join Virta you get:
Virtual medical care from a physician-led team.
Unlimited one-on-one health coaching.
Diabetes testing supplies like meters and strips, delivered right to your door.
Practical resources like recipes, food lists, and meal plans.
Access to a private online patient community.
To see if you or your family members qualify, and to learn more about this innovative program, visit virtahealth.com/join/wateamsters.
Virta uses food as medicine to help you naturally lose weight and lower your blood sugar. Don’t eat less; eat more better-for-you meals under the personalized guidance of your remote medical care team. There is no surgery or exercise required.
With Virta’s personalized plan, each person gets medical supervision from a physician-led care team, a one-on-one health coach, diabetes testing supplies—including a blue-tooth connected meter and scale, educational tools like videos and recipes, and a private online support community.
Virta provides around the clock support. With an easy-to-use mobile and desktop app, there are no waiting rooms or lines.
Virta is researched-backed and proven to work. But don’t take our word for it! Here are a few of the thousands of people that have used Virta to improve or reverse their type 2 diabetes.
Want to learn more or see more personal success stories? Visit www.virtahealth.com.
- What is Virta and how does it work? Virta is a research-backed treatment that safely and sustainably reverses type 2 diabetes without the risks, costs, or side effects of medications or surgery.Virta is very different from other diabetes treatments as it teaches individuals how to change their diet so their body burns fat for energy. This is shown to lower blood sugar and the need for diabetes medication.
- Why did the Trust partner with Virta? The Washington Teamsters Welfare Trust wants participants to get the best care they possibly can! Type 2 diabetes can impact your health in so many ways and Virta will help you and your family with type 2 diabetes feel your best and get the support you need.
- Who is eligible for Virta? Virta is available to Washington Teamsters Welfare Trust PPO Plan participants, their eligible covered dependents who have type 2 diabetes and are between the ages of 18 and 79. There are some medical conditions that would exclude patients from the Virta treatment.
- What is the cost to me or my family? None! The Virta program is offered at no cost to all Trust PPO Plan participants and eligible family members with type 2 diabetes.
- What results can I expect to see? In as little as 10 weeks, individuals with type 2 diabetes can improve glycemic control, decrease medication use, and achieve clinically relevant weight loss.- 1.1% – the average HbA1c reduction
– 20% – the average reduction in Triglycerides
– 56% saw diabetes reversal, with HbAic below 6.5% at follow up
– 91% of people stuck with the program!
2. McKenzie AL, Hallberg SJ, Creighton BC, Volk BM, Link TM, Abner MK, Glon RM, McCarter JP, Volek JS, Phinney SD. A Novel Intervention Including Individualized Nutritional Recommendations Reduces Hemoglobin A1c Level, Medication Use, and Weight in Type 2 Diabetes. JMIR Diabetes. 2017;2(1):e5
- What does the program include? With Virta’s personalized plan, each person gets medical supervision from a physician-led care team, a one-on-one health coach, diabetes testing supplies—including a blue-tooth connected meter and scale, educational tools like videos and recipes, and a private online support community.
- How do I enroll? Visit: virtahealth.com/join/wateamsters to begin. After completing an application, participants will be connected with an enrollment advisor who is available to answer any questions and help them start their journey towards better health!
Virta’s diabetes program can help you eat your way to less weight, lower blood sugar, and better overall health. But what does that mean in real life? How does Virta fit into a typical day? What can I eat? These are common questions we get from those who wonder how we use virtual care and food as medicine to help members get healthy.
Join one of the many free Virta webinars to see how members of different backgrounds and health goals can succeed, stay motivated, and reverse or improve their diabetes. In the webinar, you’ll learn:
- Why certain foods can cause blood sugar to stay high (and why some don’t)
- What a typical day might look like for a Virta member from breakfast to bedtime
- How personalized care and coaching can lead to better health
- How to put a spin on your go-to meals that’s healthier for you
Webinars include a live Q&A, and feature speakers from the Virta Health Medical Group. Can’t attend live? Sign up and get a recording of the event.
|June 27, 2023||A Day in the Life of Members||Register Here|
|July 25, 2023||A Day in the Life of Members||Register Here|
|August 22, 2023||Food as Medicine||Register Here|
|September 26, 2023||A Day in the Life of Members||Register Here|
|November 1, 2023||A Day in the Life of Members||Register Here|
Virta is paid for by the Trust and provided by independent service providers at no additional cost to you. Any information you share with any one of the programs is completely confidential, protected by federal law, and cannot be shared with your union or your employer without your permission.
Virta is fully compliant with The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and all applicable federal and state privacy laws.