Accolade Health Assistant
Personalized Benefits Support
Accolade is a confidential service that helps you get the most from your healthcare benefits, while reducing the time, cost and stress of finding quality care. It is provided by the Trust to all PPO plan participants at no cost and is completely confidential.
An Accolade Health Assistant can help provide answers to all types of medical, healthcare, and benefits questions. Accolade Health Assistants will take the time to get to know you and understand your needs, while partnering with a team of doctors, nurses and benefits specialists to help support and guide you to the right care.
Accolade gives you a one-stop resource for information and guidance, complementing the services and benefits already available to you through your medical plan and the wellness programs offered by the Trust.
Accolade can help you:
- Understand your medical, dental and vision benefits
- Learn more about your care options
- Resolve claim issues and billing questions
- Schedule doctor appointments
- Find an in-network provider
- Prepare for inpatient treatment and discharge
- Find care while traveling
- And so much more!
Get answers to your questions, big or small.
These are just a few of the types of questions Accolade can help you with:
- I just got a bill and think it might not be right, can you help me look into that?
- I have a chronic condition, what benefit programs might help me manage it?
- Can you help me find a new doctor?
- I’m supposed to have a procedure, can you help me learn more about it?
- My son was just diagnosed with diabetes, now what?
- I’m new to the Trust, can you tell me more about my benefits?
Hear from Accolade members:
It’s easy to connect with Accolade Health Assistants through secure messaging on your computer or mobile device, or over the phone.
- Register at member.accolade.com to see your benefits and connect with a Health Assistant via phone or secure messaging.
- Text B3PD to 67793 to download Accolade mobile app for support when you’re on the go.
- Call toll-free: (866) 206-0977, Monday through Friday 5:00AM-5:00PM.
- What is Accolade? Accolade is a confidential health and benefits service that helps make navigating your benefits easier and less stressful — at no additional cost to you. You and your family can ask Accolade for help with your health and benefits questions, big or small.
- Why did the Trust partner with Accolade? The Washington Teamsters Welfare Trust wants participants to get the most out of their benefits. Accolade helps accomplish this by providing personalized support that helps you make the best health and benefits decisions possible, navigate the healthcare system, and get the most from your benefits.Here are a few of the benefits PPO Plan participants and their families get with Accolade:
- Accolade Health Assistants who serve as your personal support system for health and benefits needs
- Guidance from a team of doctors, nurses and benefits specialists to help you understand your options
- Secure mobile and online messaging for confidential, personalized assistance at no additional cost
- A single place to go for all your benefits
- Will Accolade replace my health plan?No. Accolade is designed to complement your health plan by helping you get the most value from your benefits. As an alternative to calling your health plan with questions or concerns, you can send secure messages to an Accolade Health Assistant who helps simplify your healthcare experience. Think of Accolade as a trusted resource who works for you, can answer your health and benefits questions, and works with your health plan to resolve issues and report the results back to you. Accolade Health Assistants can even explain and help resolve Explanation of Benefits and billing issues – potentially saving you time, money and frustration.
- What if I am new to the Trust but not on the medical plan yet, can I use Accolade? Yes. Even if you are a new hire and not yet enrolled, or it is during Annual Enrollment, you can still ask Accolade Health Assistants for help navigating your future benefits.
- Can Accolade Health Assistants help with outstanding medical claims incurred before Accolade’s service began? Yes. Accolade Health Assistants can help resolve any existing claims issues or questions. You can call your health plan to resolve the existing issue, or you can send a secure message to Accolade with details about the issue — and a team of experts will work with you to resolve the issue.
- Can Accolade Health Assistants help with my vision and dental benefits too? Yes. Health Assistants can answer basic dental and vision benefits questions, but they will not have access to your dental and vision claims information.
- Will Accolade Health Assistants ever contact me directly? Yes. Accolade Health Assistants may occasionally check in with you to make sure you and your family are doing well and are accessing the care you need. When appropriate, a Health Assistant may message you to follow up on an earlier conversation. For example, a Health Assistant may connect with you to ask about an office visit with a new doctor they helped you choose.
Accolade is paid for by the Trust and provided by independent service providers at no additional cost to you. Any information you share with any one of the programs is completely confidential, protected by federal law, and cannot be shared with your union or your employer without your permission.
To provide a highly personalized and confidential service for eligible PPO plan participants and their families, Accolade uses a modern data security infrastructure, tested security procedures and extensive training to ensure that all personal information is shared only within federal guidelines and only with your permission. In addition to many other security measures, Accolade uses an identity verification process when members access the website at member.accolade.com or via the mobile app.
Accolade is fully compliant with The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and all applicable federal and state privacy laws.